Dragonfly: Impact Education Safeguarding Statement
At Dragonfly: Impact Education, we strongly support policies and procedures that protect the health and happiness of children and invest in their futures. We believe that it is always unacceptable for anyone to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard all children, young people and adults at risk and promote their welfare. We will do this by ensuring that we create safe environments for young people and that all employees, volunteers and other representatives are aware of their safeguarding responsibilities.
Dragonfly: Impact Education believes that:
- The welfare of the child, young person or adult at risk should always be the paramount consideration.
- All children, young people and adults at risk, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief or sexual orientation, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, young people and adults at risk, their parents, teachers, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
Dragonfly: Impact Education will seek to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
- Recruiting employees and representatives safely, ensuring that all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing good practice with employees, volunteers and other representatives.
- Ensuring any safeguarding concerns are shared with the relevant statutory agencies (school safeguarding teams and/or Safeguarding Children boards).
- Providing effective management for staff, volunteers and other representatives through supervision, support and training.
- Reviewing the policy, procedures and practice annually.
Dragonfly: Impact Education ensures:
- Up-to-date knowledge of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’
- Regular training on issues such as FGM, Modern Slavery, the Prevent Duty
- All employees hold Enhanced DBS with Barred List Check
- Full professional indemnity and public liability insurance
Claire Pass, Co-Founder – Lead for Child Safeguarding
Rachael Bushby, Co-Founder – Deputy for Child Safeguarding