A 6-week re-engagement programme for students who:
are reluctant to learn
- find it a challenge to engage with class-room processes and routines
We use a blend of therapeutic, coaching and educational methods to support students in considering short term and long term goals and to work on specific issues such as building self-esteem, responding to authority and limiting self-destructive behaviours.
The content of the package will be tailored to the specific needs of the group and aim to build on support that is already in place or lead into planned interventions.
Impact will be evaluated by questionnaires given to teachers, support workers, the students themselves and parents/carers.
There is the opportunity to also have a member of staff trained as a key worker to continue the work with the students upon completion of the programme.
We offer workshops in primary schools for groups of up to 8 children at a time. These workshops, designed to help build children’s self-esteem, combine a number of strategies into a 6-week programme in order to increase emotional resilience.
Workshops are suitable for children in Years 3-6.
We deliver talks for staff on the factors that inhibit learning and the way forward in meeting the needs of young people who are struggling.
We also train staff in First Aid for Mental Health, which includes assemblies that schools can use to proactively address emotional well-being issues. Those successfully completing our training courses will receive certification.
We help schools prepare for what’s to come. Beginning with the national agenda for mental health and the latest government legislation, we will help you build a comprehensive plan for best practice.
Current Guidelines and Advice for Schools and Academies
- Government Consultation: Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision: a green paper
- Government Guidance: Mental health and wellbeing provision in schools
- Government Guidance: Thriving at Work: a review of mental health and employers
- Ofsted Consultation
- Well-being Award for Schools in partnership with the NCB
- Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools
- The AcSeed Initiative – Supporting Emotional Well-being in Schools
- Heads Together – Mentally Healthy Schools (Primary)
- Health and Safety Executive Recommendations
- Mental Health UK Guidance
- Derby Mentally Healthy Schools Project